Last month, I challenged myself to write down one thing for which I am thankful every morning. This is what I came up with:
- Warmest, most cuddliest dog in the world (Scooter)
- I got to live on this earth with my brother (Jonathan)
- It’s Friday!
- It’s sunny! For real! The actual sun!
- Roy’s still here!
- I have a job.
- My friends.
- My horrible dreams aren’t real.
- The dogs are resigned to sleeping late.
- A longer bike ride to work
- Credit cards for furry child care
- Getting things done
- Family and friends!
- My car still works
- Pug snores
As you can see, I missed quite a few. But what do you think about the rest? It really is hard to focus on the good things when busy life, work, etc. distracts me. This exercise reminded me to try.
Now for July! My mom and sister are coming to visit 24 days from now. Therefore, I will challenge myself to do the following in the next 24 days:
- Walk the dogs every day.
- Work out at least 30 minutes every day.
- Buy NO clothes (only bought two things this whole year so far).
I figured the last month should be a combination of challenges. Wish me luck!